Vice President – Accounting – Greenbelt, Maryland
Looking for a Vice President of Accounting who can provide direct implementation, evaluation, and professional development initiatives for all functions related to the execution of accounting services in Property Management.
Essential Job Functions
- Maximize operational financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions and liaison/partner with operations to improve financial reporting and financial performance of properties.
- Ensure the timely completion of financial statement to owners.
- Assist with streamline the property management accounting function.
- Ensure effective financial and operational controls are in place.
- Ensure smooth transition from development/construction to operational managed property.
- Year-End Audit and Tax Return
- Contribute to the budget process and monthly reforecast for the Company corporate entity.
- Establish accounting and finance operational strategies by monitoring and evaluating trends; establish and manage critical metrics for productivity and quality; procure resources; resolve problems and facilitate change.
- Internal and External Client Relations
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships with clients and vendors.
- Ensure execution of services yields consistently strong client satisfaction.
- Ensure services provided by department build value for the client through ongoing proactive communication with clients and ownership groups.
- Lead and manage large a property accounting team
- Actively participates in the hiring process.
- Empowers managers to work collaboratively to accomplish business goals and establish best practices.
- Manages performance issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Graduate Degree and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years management experience, with a total of 10+ years accounting experience. Multi-family or mixed use real estate accounting experience required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting and financial reporting software and sound management principles.
- Track record of successfully growing, developing and leading a large team of direct and indirect reports.
- Public accounting/audit experience preferred
- Management experience in owner/investor relations
- Proficiency in Yardi and real estate finance and accounting software systems.
- Client Focus
- Decision Quality Excellence
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managerial Courage
- Client/Stakeholder Communication
- Drive For Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Hiring and Staffing
Looking for a Leasing Manager to be based in Boston, MA. The Leasing Manager is responsible for the Boston Downtown waterfront community, ensuring that the Leasing Consultants perform their functions effectively and efficiently, that he/she is also capable of and participates in those functions, and......24 May, 2018 in Careers No comment0 Likes
Property Manager – Providence, RI Looking for a Property Manager. The Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the community overseeing and enhancing the value of the property, employing and developing the staff and maintaining positive resident relations. Candidates should be very organized......17 March, 2018 in Careers No comment0 Likes
Regional Property Manager Looking for a Regional Supervisor with Conventional Housing background. The Regional Supervisor, will put your outstanding leadership and savvy business skills to work at one of the most respected apartment companies in Property Management. Essential Job Function Regional Supervisors are business leaders......17 March, 2018 in Careers No comment0 Likes
Assistant Property Manager Looking for a Assistant Property Manager. The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the community overseeing and enhancing the value of the property, employing and developing the staff and maintaining positive resident relations. Candidates should be very organized......17 March, 2018 in Careers No comment0 Likes