Our client is seeking Recertification Specialist in Gainesville, FL. The Recertification Specialist plays a significant role in ensuring compliance with all agency, funding source and regulatory agreements, aiding tenants with maintaining affordable housing through the certification and recertification of tenants on an annual basis. The Recertification Specialist ensures that tenants with rent arrears or other lease violations are brought to the attention of the Property Manager and the Compliance Team. The Recertification Specialist will report directly to the Property Manager for day-to-day operations and the Compliance Specialist with regards to all file and compliance related tasks.
- Develop a schedule for timely implementation of all aspects of the occupancy cycle, inclusive of unit inspections, apartment availability, interviewing applicants, required verifications/documentation and tenant selection.
- Enforce occupancy policy and procedures in accordance with regulatory agreements.
Implement initial, annual and interim lease process for all units; coordinate with the Compliance Team to ensure all subsidy information for the resident is appropriately communicated between resident and GFB Management (GFB).
- Initiate communication to the compliance team for residents out of compliance with rent or house rules. File all paperwork in order to support the tracking of all resident related housing court actions.
- Maintain an accurate and orderly record keeping system of office records and tenant files in accordance with GFB and regulatory agreements, maintaining confidentiality as required.
Maintain the waiting lists.
- Prepare potential resident move-in packages for the Compliance Team to review and approve
- Complete EIV tasks, including running of reports and working out discrepancies.
- Pass all mandated certification continuing education courses.
- Provide task supervision as requested by the Property Manager to maintenance and on-site security.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents.
- Correct and maintain all files in an organized system set up by the Compliance Team.
- Complete and/or assist with the completion of housing program requirements such as Annual Owner’s Certification as well as monitoring agency file reviews and site inspections.
- Attend training, learn and execute requirements per Fair Housing regulations, Section 504 Act, and Certified Occupancy Specialist programs, HDC, HPD, HCR, and HUD.
- Actively participate in all necessary training to ensure that site(s) maintain compliance with Project-Based Section 8 programs as well as HPD, HDC and other government agency programs that have oversite to properties.
- Participate in GFB and program meetings/trainings as required.
- Assist other GFB managed facility staff on occupancy and regulatory issues.
- Assist Property Manager and GFB staff in developing responses to requests from third-party monitoring agencies.
- Provide superior customer service to residents and prospective residents by promptly responding to all incoming calls, messages, and emails in a professional, respectful manner
Perform other duties as assigned
A minimum of 5-years recertification experience in Project-Based Section 8.
Advanced knowledge of HUD policies and procedures.
Must be proficient in MS Office, HUD EIV/TRACS and HUD MOR requirements.
Yardi experience is a must.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
Must be willing to make regular on-site visits.
LIHTC experience is a plus.
Any Affordable Housing certification (AHM, COS, TaCC, HCCP) is a plus.