06 Dec Property Manager – San Diego, California
CAREERS: Property Management – Location: San Diego, California
Looking for a Property Manager – Responsible for leading residential property management and maintenance functions at assigned communities in order to maximize the operational and financial performance of the community and preserve the asset and its value. Lead and guide implementation of leasing, renewals, resident retention strategies to maximize the occupancy of the community and retain residents for as long as possible. Responsible for managing, guiding, coaching and role modeling high quality customer focused operational activities and the professional development of direct reports including Maintenance Manager, Maintenance staff, Resident Manager, and Leasing Managers. Responsible for managing staff morale and productivity with the assistance of Human Resources to hire, train, discipline, and terminate employees.
Community and Team Leadership – Lead, orient, train, develop, motivate, and evaluate all employees in order to develop and maintain a high level of employee commitment and competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of community goals.
- Develops and executes annual business and operating plans and budgets to grow revenue, outpace the market, maximize long term investments, and contribute to a preferred experience for customers and employees in the community.
- Utilizes a variety of management tools (Predictive Index, Development Plan, Partner for Performance, etc) and resources (Regional Maintenance Director, RPM Manager of Business Processes, Human Resources, etc) to create and maintain a motivating and highly productive atmosphere that achieves business objectives;
- Utilizes SSL and SLII concepts to develop staff to become highly competent and self reliant performers (D3/D4) who are able to meet and exceed community goals over time; create company bench strength by developing promotable staff
- Sets SMART goals that are communicated to entire team and follows up on results, holds staff accountable for results, providing both timely corrective action and timely celebration of success
- Effectively leads weekly team meetings reviewing last week’s results and setting goals for next week.
- Produces and analyzes reports and metrics frequently; analyzes actual vs. plan and develops actions to respond to and communicate variances
- Coordinate work flows; research, identify, provide and manage resources (staffing, equipment, information, etc.) that result in cost effective methods for completing work and accomplishing objectives.
Attract and Retain Customers
Attract and retain customers through marketing, leasing and customer retention programs in order to achieve business plan objectives and enhance the reputation of the community.
- Leads advertising and marketing efforts for the property including development and participation in off-site marketing programs and writing advertising copy utilizing the most effective resources/vendors available.
- Leads the development and maintenance of social media marketing programs that reinforce property branding and messaging.
- Understands demographics of community; pulls reports from MRI, reviews move in and move out information, and utilizes all available data to make decisions and take action (marketing strategies, advertising, pricing, promotions, etc) accordingly.
- Assesses and evaluates sub-market activity including competition’s marketing and advertising efforts, to better anticipate customer behavior and make decisions for community (pricing, advertising, etc.).
- Ensures accurate and current availability, pricing and/or information is updated on community website, Facebook, and other social media sites.
- Utilizes i-Phone and other innovative technology methods, recommending new ideas, to strengthen connection with customer and residents
- Provides training and coaching to develop direct reports to meet and exceed leasing objectives and individual performance ratios.
- Proficiently demonstrates and teaches Six Step IRM Leasing process, with specialty in developing customized presentations based on demographics, PI and Behavior Based Selling.
- Actively leases and works “hands on” with staff to achieve business plan objectives
- Ensures complete and accurate lease packages are maintained; reviews lease files and gives regular feedback for achievement and redirection.
- Ensure all traffic is entered into MRI; CallSource calls are reviewed daily and reconciles number of calls in CallSource to MRI
- Pro-actively anticipates and identifies community and resident issues and problems before they escalate and implements preventative measures
- Coaches direct reports on how to effectively address and resolve conflict in a professional manner that creates a referral worthy experience and mitigates risks.
- Accesses occupancy, rental rates, and submarket availability to effectively set lease renewal pricing
- Models and trains others to accurately complete Lease Renewal worksheet, MRI Lease Renewal workflow processes, and lease renewal letters; follows up with residents regarding renewal decisions.
- Oversees the process for monthly rent collection, ensuring follow up with residents on delinquent rent and communicating with residents when appropriate.
- Leads development and implementation of effective resident communication and networking activities including well attended resident retention programs, relevant and engaging newsletters, the community websites, social media sites, e-blasts.