Senior Property Accountant
Looking for a Senior Property Accountant. Responsible for all the accounting and reporting related activities for properties acquirement and maintained under management. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Property Accountant is primarily responsible for the following:
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items
- Reconcile general ledgers, post journal entries, and assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents. Verify and analyze business records, transactions, and procedures
- Work with the property management companies to coordinate intercompany transactions on a monthly basis.
- Prepare various daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as any additional reports as needed.
- Review construction draw requests.
- Prepare the monthly intercompany reconciliation.
- Support the audit and consolidation of all related entities.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Review Balance Sheets and Income Statements per property to verify account balances and reasonable revenue and expense amounts.
- Assist with preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Work with Asset Management department on analysis of property statements.
- Assists with budget preparation and other support as assigned.
- Prepare schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audit for independent external auditors. Research issues, clarify information, and prepare supporting data
- Must be experienced in Yardi and comfortable with managing database, file imports, system upgrades, menus, security, multiple entity tracking and accounting Systems management.
- Oversee and review tasks completed by the project accountant
- Record and review settlement statements (HUDs) from home, lot & and acreage sales daily
- Assist with the execution of monthly deal distributions and capital calls to and from investors/co-lenders as approved by project asset managers
- Interact with multi-level management and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills which include excellent written & verbal communication
Must have Yardi Voyager Experience
A minimum of three (3) years of related experience in real estate finance/property/construction.
Candidates should have strong Excel skills, with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Must possess demonstrated knowledge of the skills of generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP), be highly motivated, able to work independently, and possess strong written and oral communication skills.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate strong ethics and professionalism in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recruitermixer.com.