Regional Property Manager
Our Client is seeking a Regional Property Manager / Area Director to be based in Seattle, WA. The Regional Property Manager/Area Director is a multi-faceted leader who oversees several on-site management teams throughout a specific portfolio of real estate. In this role, the team member will lead a team of Property Managers, manage asset preservation and improvement.
Essential Job Function
Regional Property Managers are business leaders responsible for developing and managing individual site business plans including investment objectives, compliance goals, marketing positioning, people, asset quality, and financial goals and objectives.
At any given time, a Regional Property Manager should be able to describe the overall makeup: strengths, weaknesses and needs of each property in their given portfolio.
Regional Property Managers are also responsible for review and approval of all property purchasing with complete adherence to the expense budget.
Regional Property Managers are also business managers who mentor, coach, supervise and develop site staff.
Work with Property Managers and Maintenance Supervisors to ensure timely preparation of rent ready apartments to fully meet the demand of the market.
Help determine, implement and follow up on any corrective action plans for deficiencies found at properties.
Responsible for taking care of all escalated complaints from residents.
- Specializes in Affordable Housing / Experience with tax credit credit, HUD (Rural Development)
- Strong Multifamily/Property Management background
- Strong leadership
- Supervisory and organizational skills.
- Proven experience with the administration and management of a multi-site portfolio.
- Skilled in financial management; including budgeting.
- Strong supervisory skills; proven track record in staff development.
- Superb customer-service skills; demonstrated ability to maintain strong working relations with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis.
- Highly motivated service-oriented self starter.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- A competitive spirit High-energy.
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory experience Warm, friendly and service-oriented philosophy.
- High degree of flexibility and tolerance for change.
- Ability to train, develop, lead and mentor.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Extremely computer literate.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Customer-service driven.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recruitermixer.com.