Property Manager – Boston
Looking for a Property Manager, located in Downtown Boston. The Property Manager is the leader of the on-site management team and is accountable for the overall financial performance of the property. In this role, the team member is responsible for the success of all property departments; leasing, marketing, accounting, administrative functions, and property maintenance, Board/Committee approvals, while ensuring the delivery of exemplary customer service.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws; directly manages front office and on-site maintenance personnel; schedule front office personnel.
- Responsible for training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraise performance, reward and discipline employees, address complaints and resolve problems.
- Complete resident billing of monthly rental fees and other misc. charges; collect, process, deposit and record all income, and notify residents of non-payment.
- Perform month end closing procedure and ensures that reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner; maintain and reconcile petty cash account.
- Maintain and update the property file system on work orders, general correspondence, residents and employees.
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance with vendors and contractors.
- Provide quality, professional service to the residents including preparing paperwork for move-outs and preparing and completing required lease renewal paperwork.
- Payroll administration including pay packages, termination packages, and payroll transmittal’s.
- Purchase and supervise the maintenance of all office and administrative supplies and equipment; process purchase invoices on a weekly basis; manage purchase orders and budget control ledger.
- Maintain department expenses within budgeted parameters.
- Prepare and present management agent report.
- Consolidate and distribute reports, financials and other materials for Managing Board and Committee meetings.
- Meet regularly with Cooperative Directors.
- Provide comprehensive support for Managing Board Meetings, Committee Meetings, Retreats, Annual and Special Meetings, Town Meetings, ad-hoc Committee Meetings and task forces.
- Attend as necessary and as requested by the Managing Board any of the Meetings.
- Provide support services and preparation for the Annual Shareholder’s Meeting, including planning, follow up, scheduling and ballot preparation and processing.
- Maintain and implement Managing Board Governance Guide.
- Meet with individual shareholders to address individual concerns or requests as necessary.
- Maintain on-going communications with individual Shareholders and the greater Shareholder community through written correspondence, email, telephone, newsletters, website and/or notices.
- Participate in Shareholder relations events that are planned and occur throughout the year.
- Prepare and publish newsletters as necessary and provide management oversight for the website in conjunction with Managing Board representatives.
- Make referrals to and coordinate with the Resident Service Coordinator to provide social services to the Shareholders at Cooperative One.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Shareholder directory and emergency information.
- Ensure ongoing and consistency enforcement of policy, procedures and lease regulations.
- Follow through on violations of the lease with respect to state, federal and local regulations governing evictions.
- Work closely with, and report to, the Regional Manager with respect to legal actions.
- Residential / Commercial / Condo Association / LIHTC Experience
- Variance Reporting
- Budgets / Forecasting
- Weekly discussions with Owners / Management
- Capital Improvements
- Property Management Software Experience
- Property Management
- Market Rate / Conventional
- Strong Customer Service
- Good working in a fast paced environment
- Experience in property management a MUST.
- College degree preferred.
- A professional designation of Certified Property Manager (CPM), Registered Apartment Manager (RAM), Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) or similar industry designation is helpful.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recruitermixer.com.