The Porter is a highly visible role that contributes greatly to the financial performance of the property as this position is solely responsible for the overall visualization of the asset. In this role, the team member is accountable for the property’s curb appeal and will also participate in general maintenance, while delivering exemplary customer service.
Curb Appeal: Walk the property first thing every morning to create a visualization plan for the day. Pick up trash starting at the front of the property and working towards the back. Check trash compactor, tidy up area, and run equipment as necessary. Review Leasing Office and replenish trash bins and ensure walkway leading to office is free and clear of pedestrian obstacles.
Inspect tour route and blow off breezeways, pick up trash, and remove wilted plants/flowers and water as needed.
Assess all amenities and ensure all clubroom furniture, lawn chairs, and fitness equipment are appropriately placed, and trash receptacles are free of trash. Walk each building/floor to clear area of debris and report any lights or exit signs that need to be replaced. Survey parking lot/garage for vehicles illegally parked, expired tags, and flat tires; report findings to Maintenance Director and Property Director.
General Porter Maintenance: Assist in the trash out of apartment homes and new move-in preparation, as directed by the Service Manager. Paint curbs/speed bumps/building railings and pressure wash walkways and stairwells in accordance to the preventative maintenance schedule.
Be willing to assist with other preventative and routine maintenance as directed by the Service Manager.
Porter MUST attend on-going training to enhance maintenance skills, as directed by the Service Manager. Understand and comply with state, federal, and/or local Fair Housing Laws.
Customer Service: Approach all client and resident interactions, with the desire to create a memorable experience. Handle resident concerns proficiently and seek out upper management, as necessary. Intermingle with vendors, community members, and corporate employees in a professional manner.
- 1-3 years of maintenance or porter experience preferred.
- Customer centric with a warm demeanor, positive attitude, and impeccable follow through.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to plan and prioritize efficiently and motivate/lead team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and complete multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines/interruptions.
- Maintain an organized filing system and office areas
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation required (only applicable to New Orleans).
- Knowledge of the city; knowledge of the local transportation options to include public and private transportation options.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Basic knowledge of technology, i.e., smart phones and computers.
- Computer proficiency included but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items at or over 40 pounds.
- Health and wellness benefits with 4 different plan offerings.
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Paid Parental Leave Program (up to 8 weeks of 100% pay).
- 401(k) matching program (up to 4%).
- 10 days of paid vacation, 7 sick days, and 10 company holidays annually.
- Competitive compensation with annual bonus potential.
- Fun extracurricular activities and perks.
- 2 Volunteer days and an annual community day where we get to give back, together!
- Professional development opportunities.
Be able to pass a drug test, criminal background check, and other qualifying criteria for employment.